Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 8: Write a letter to someone who's changed your life

Dear Megan,


I know it's been a while since we talked, and frankly I wanted it that way. But now I kinda regret it...

When we found out you had leukemia and were going to sell Silver, we were very startled. It was a bit out of the blue. But we prayed and talked about it, and told you we'd like to buy Silver, whom I was just leasing before, if you remember. I had a phenomonal connection with her, and wanted to buy, and so we did. And when we were on the way to pick her up and bring her home, you have no idea how much it hurt when Daddy got that text that you had sold her to someone else. I cried for hours and hours, and honestly, I hated you. You weren't honest with us, and you sold my beautiful mare to someone who didn't even know her; didn't know her favorite food was carrots or that she adored having her forehead rubbed. Someone who didn't love her like I did.

But I've forgiven you now. And now that I've forgiven you, I see what a difference you've made in my life, for the better!!

You taught me to never give up. No matter how many times Silver took off with me or refused to jump, you always made me try again. You told me I was too good a rider and too amazing of a person to give up. You showed me how when I have problems, it's always, always my own fault. You taught me to never look down, because where you look is where you're going. You taught me to sit up straight, and hold my head high, because I was an amazing person, and I was going to make it. You taught me to pull my legs back and be vulnerable, so I could give Silver and others a chance to prove themselves. You taught me trust those who have hurt me, and to give second chances. And you showed me soo much more than that.

So even though you hurt me horribly by your dishonesty, and broke my trust, I forgive and am thankful to you. Because you taught me that. You taught me that people make mistakes and I need to learn to love them despite their faults. 

Thank you, Megan.

And I hope to see you in heaven.

Love,

Hannah



R.I.P. Megan Mueller

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry! You are so sweet! And I love this lady and I'm praying for those who mourn her loss!
    I'm loving your latest poats, I'm sorry I haven't been commenting but I haven't had time. But I'm reading them and loving them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding music to my day! (: